Monday, July 13, 2009

Understanding Jasper Johns



Well,

Todays lesson was much better. We looked at Jasper Johns number and letter paintings. The subject matter was easy to understand. The students seem to enjoy the simplistic and colorful images. I gave step by step directions. The only personal involvement for this project was that that students used their initials. This was much easier for them to think about and it still excited them. The wax resist letter project went well. The students wanted to get more messy and did not enjoy staying within the lines of their letters. I would normally say that this is a juvenile project but for the attention deficit that exists in the group of students that I am working with and because it is a summer activity I am Ok with the lesson that I had prepared.
Understanding Jasper JohnsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment